You might want to watch your favorite shows quietly with someone else at night, or you might both like the TV at different volumes.
Most TVs can’t connect two Bluetooth headphones at the same time by default. But there is a way around it.
The newest version of Bluetooth and a Bluetooth TV adapter make it possible to connect two Bluetooth headphones to a TV, iPhone, Android, PC, or Mac.
Here’s a quick explanation of how to do it.
List of What’s Inside
How to Get Two Bluetooth Headphones to Work with a TV
Here are the steps you need to take if you want to use a Bluetooth Adapter for TV to link your TV to your wireless headphones.
- Start by getting a Bluetooth transmitter for your TV that works with your TV. The 1Mii B03 Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver is a great choice because it can send to two devices at once.
- Before you can turn on the Bluetooth transmitter, you have to plug it into a power source. A USB power cable and a power adapter are included with the 1Mii.
- After you turn on the transmitter, connect it to your TV’s audio output. The 1Mii comes with a 3.5mm audio cable, an optical cable, and a 3.5mm female to RCA male cable.
- Then, your Bluetooth headphones must be paired with the transmitter. To make sure the connection is strong, you should do this close to the transmitter.
- That’s the end of the story. Two Bluetooth devices can listen to your TV at the same time if they are paired.
Best Bluetooth Adapters for TV
Bluetooth TV adapters are a great way to fix a wide range of sound problems when watching TV. You might like to watch movies late at night but don’t want to wake up the kids. Parents can get a lot out of headphones.
Is the sound on your TV not loud enough? Does your partner complain that you watch TV too loudly? With a Bluetooth transmitter for your TV and two sets of headphones, each set of headphones can have its own volume control.
There are many different kinds of Bluetooth TV adapters with different prices and features, such as AptX Low Latency and Bypass. Some models also have a “receiver mode” that lets you send sound from your phone, tablet, or PC to speakers or wired headphones.
- Bluetooth 5.0: It connects with Bluetooth version 5.0.
- Transmitter: You can send sound from your TV or computer to your headphones or soundbar without wires.
- Receiver: You can send music from your computer, tablet, or phone to your amplifier, soundbar, or speakers wirelessly.
- Dual Link: Allows streaming to two headphones or speakers at the same time.
- AptX Low Latency: Technology helps get rid of the delay in Bluetooth audio. Lip-sync lag is almost gone when watching videos.
- Bypass: When an input is connected directly to an output, the BT03Pro+ will neither send nor receive.
- Audio Output: AUX / RCA / Optical / Bluetooth
Best Overall Bluetooth Transmitters
- 1Mii B03Pro
- Avantree Oasis Plus
- Avantree Orbit
- Avantree Audikast Plus
- 1Mii B06TX
Best Wireless Headphones for TV
Wires are out, and the best Bluetooth headphones on the market are in. The right pair of Bluetooth headphones may make a significant difference in your listening experience, whether you’re streaming a new Netflix series or listening to your favorite music. The only problem is that there are so many kinds of headphones. Here are our top picks for the best wireless headphones.
- Noise Cancellation: Using a noise canceling processor, Dual Noise Sensor technology picks up and gets rid of background noise.
- DSEE Extreme: Upscales compressed digital music files.
- Battery Life (Rated): 30 hours (with ANC on), 38 hours (ANC off).
- Quick Charging: Charge it for 10 minutes to play it for 5 hours.
- Touch Sensor Controls: You can pause, play, skip, change the volume, turn on your voice assistant, and take phone calls.
- Multiple-Device Pairing: The WH-1000XM4 headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at once.
- Amazon Alexa Built-in: Alexa-enabled, so you can use your voice to play music, get information, and do other things.
Best Overall Headphones
- Sennheiser HD 4.50 BT
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
- Samsung AKG Y500 Wireless Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
- Bowers & Wilkins PX7
- Anker Soundcore Life Q30 Wireless
How to Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones to Android
Samsung’s Dual Audio feature lets you send audio from two Bluetooth devices at the same time. This means that you can use two sets of headphones at once. To use Dual Audio, you must first connect each set of headphones to the Samsung Galaxy smartphone you want to use. After you’ve paired both Bluetooth devices with your Samsung Galaxy phone, all you have to do is go to the Media panel on your Quick panel. Only Bluetooth 5.0 devices can use the Dual Audio feature from Samsung.
Here is how this feature works on Samsung Galaxy phones.
- Put the first pair of headphones into pairing mode.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen on your Galaxy phone to open the Quick settings panel.
- Put Bluetooth to work. Tap and hold on the icon to get to the Bluetooth settings.
- Find the name of your headphones in the list of Available Devices and click on it.
- You will get an alert about a Bluetooth pairing request. Just click “OK” to agree.
- The first pair of headphones you connect will show up as “Connected for audio,” and you will hear a sound.
- Repeat steps 1–5 with your second set of headphones and the pairing mode.
How to Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones to iPhone
Apple’s new Audio Sharing feature lets two sets of Bluetooth headphones connect to the same iPhone or iPad. This lets two people listen at the same time to the same audio. The catch is that Audio Sharing only works with Apple’s H1 or W1 chips built into wireless headphones. It also needs an iOS 13-running iPhone 8 or higher. With Audio Sharing, you can share any sound from your iPhone. You can listen to music on Apple Music, Spotify, or YouTube.
This is how to use this iPhone feature.
- Put the first pair of headphones into pairing mode.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth. Under My Devices, choose the first pair of headphones you want to connect.
- Put your second set of headphones into pairing mode.
- Now, open up the control room.
- On iPhones without a home button, swipe down from the top right corner to open it. On iPhones with a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap and hold the Music Controls in Control Center to see more options.
- Tap the icon for AirPlay
- Here, you’ll see available headphones. Choose the first pair of headphones you want.
- Tap the option to Share Audio
- When the iPhone finds a compatible headphone, it will tell you to share the music with it.
- Tap the button labeled Share Audio.
- Once the devices are connected, Apple gives you the option to change the volume of each one by hand.
How to Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones to PC
Most modern PCs and laptops have Bluetooth built in, so you can connect almost any Bluetooth wireless device, like headphones, directly to them. With the built-in Bluetooth, you can only connect one device at a time. So, can you connect two things to one computer? With a USB Bluetooth Audio Transmitter, this is easy to do. The Avantree DG80 Bluetooth 5.0 USB Transmitter has a dual-link feature that lets you connect two audio devices at the same time. With USB Bluetooth audio transmitters, you don’t need to add any extra software. Just plug them into the USB or USB-C port on your PC or laptop and follow the steps below.
- Plug the Bluetooth USB audio transmitter into the USB port on the computer.
- The Bluetooth connection will be made outside of the device.
- Set the first pair of headphones to pair mode.
- Give them a few seconds to connect. Once it’s connected, make sure the headphones can hear the sound.
- If you don’t hear anything, check your settings menu to make sure the transmitter is set as the default audio output device.
- Once your first pair of headphones is connected, turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your second pair of headphones.
- When the second set of headphones is plugged in, both sets will hear sound at the same time.
How to Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones to Mac
The Avantree DG80 Bluetooth 5.0 USB Transmitter also works with Mac laptops and desktops. Follow the same steps as above to connect two sets of Bluetooth headphones to a Mac using a USB Bluetooth audio transmitter. You can also connect two Bluetooth headphones to a Mac by making a device with more than one output.
How to Create a Multi-Output Device
- You can use Spotlight on your Mac by clicking the icon in the menu bar, pressing Command-Space bar, or pressing the Spotlight key.
- Midi Type
- Click on Audio Midi Setup
- Click the plus sign (+) in the bottom left corner of Audio Devices.
- Select Create a Multi-Output Device.
- Check the Use button next to the Audio Devices you want to add to the device group. The devices in this group will all send out sound at the same time.